- Compiling Hadoop for Linux x64 July 20, 2014
I’ve just published a quick HOWTO on compiling Hadoop 2.4 on Oracle Linux x64.
- Database 12c - processor_group_name March 18, 2014
Oracle Scene are running my article on using processor_group_name to bind instances to specific CPU cores. The full text is available here.
- Oracle VM: No such file or directory. Is xend running? December 31, 2013
I had this error a few days ago after upgrading one of my VM Servers to 3.2.6. This might help if you run into the same issue.
- Installing Database 12c - HOWTO August 18, 2013
Check out my new HOWTO on installing Database 12c on Oracle Linux 6 VM with VirtualBox. The full text is available here.
- Oracle feeds reader June 6, 2013
I’ve setup a ‘river of news’ feeds reader to aggregate posts from the Oracle blogs I follow in a single place. It is publicly available but I am still testing it. I’ll be adding more sources soon and I might have change some aspects of the appearance too. If you want to check it out go to planet.manchev.org.
- Row chaing and row migration June 1, 2013
I new article on row chaining and row migration. The full text is available here.
- How to replace database disks on-line September 8, 2012
I added a short HOWTO on replacing database disks online (via ASM). The full text is available here.
- Site updated August 26, 2012
I am introducing a few cosmetic changes to the site, just to give it a more fresh look and feel. I did some testing and everything looks OK for the moment, but should you encounter any issue, please let me know.
- Device persistence for ASM disks August 11, 2012
I wrote a short, step by step guide on configuring device persistence for ASM on Oracle Linux 6. The full text is available here.
- HOWTO on Oracle Restart March 20, 2012
I wrote a quick tutorial on using Oracle Restart for 11gR2 databases. The full text is available here.
- A failover database using Oracle Database 11g Standard Edition and File Watchers January 10, 2012
A wrote a HOWTO on building a failover database using Database Standard Edition at both ends and using file watchers to detect new archivelogs. The full text is available here.
- List of parameter changes in Oracle Database 11g December 6, 2011
I created a list of all instance parameter changes introduced in 11g. It includes all parameters introduced or announced deprecated/obsolete in 11.1,220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124. The full list is available here.
- Software RAID and LVM configurations November 25, 2011
- Oracle Database Upgrade to 11gR2 November 23, 2011
Oracle is delivering an one hour, free webcast on upgrading to 11gR2. The webcast is scheduled for November 30 at 9:00 AM CET. More details are available at oracle.com.
- Building defensive perimeter with Oracle Database Firewall November 19, 2011
- Oracle Day 2011 - Sofia November 8, 2011
I will be speaking in the Oracle Core Technology track at Oracle Day 2011 – Sofia (10th Nov 2011). More details on the event are available here [oracle.com].
- Tutorial on Logical Volume Manager November 6, 2011
I wrote an introduction/detailed tutorial on LVM with Oracle Linux. The full text is available here.
- Installing Enterprise Linux 6 in a virtual machine October 23, 2011
I just added a quick HOWTO on installing Oracle Enterprise Linux 6 in a VMware Workstation 8 virtual machine. The article is available here.
- BGOUG autumn conference 2011 October 3, 2011
I will be speaking at the Bulgarian Oracle User Group that will take place from 18th to 20th of November in Hisarya, Bulgaria. The topic of my presentation/live demo is Building defensive perimeter with Oracle Database Firewall. More details are available at the BGOUG site.
- Live Webcast : Oracle SPARC SuperCluster announcement September 24, 2011
Oracle reveals the SPARC SuperCluster T4-4. It will be presented by Larry Ellison and John Fowler. The webcast is scheduled for Monday, September 26, 2011
1 p.m. – 2 p.m. PT. You can register here [oracle.com]