- Using Oracle SQL Connector for HDFS to query data in Hadoop March 4, 2015
Check out my tutorial on using Oracle SQL Connector for HDFS against Hadoop. The text is available here
- Installation of Application Express 4.2.5 August 23, 2014
I’ve added a quick HOWTO on replacing APEX 3.2.1 with 4.2.5 in 11gR2.
- Compiling Hadoop for Linux x64 July 20, 2014
I’ve just published a quick HOWTO on compiling Hadoop 2.4 on Oracle Linux x64.
- Database 12c - processor_group_name March 18, 2014
Oracle Scene are running my article on using processor_group_name to bind instances to specific CPU cores. The full text is available here.
- Oracle VM: No such file or directory. Is xend running? December 31, 2013
I had this error a few days ago after upgrading one of my VM Servers to 3.2.6. This might help if you run into the same issue.
- Installing Database 12c - HOWTO August 18, 2013
Check out my new HOWTO on installing Database 12c on Oracle Linux 6 VM with VirtualBox. The full text is available here.
- Oracle feeds reader June 6, 2013
I’ve setup a ‘river of news’ feeds reader to aggregate posts from the Oracle blogs I follow in a single place. It is publicly available but I am still testing it. I’ll be adding more sources soon and I might have change some aspects of the appearance too. If you want to check it out go to planet.manchev.org.
- Row chaing and row migration June 1, 2013
I new article on row chaining and row migration. The full text is available here.
- How to replace database disks on-line September 8, 2012
I added a short HOWTO on replacing database disks online (via ASM). The full text is available here.
- Site updated August 26, 2012
I am introducing a few cosmetic changes to the site, just to give it a more fresh look and feel. I did some testing and everything looks OK for the moment, but should you encounter any issue, please let me know.
- Device persistence for ASM disks August 11, 2012
I wrote a short, step by step guide on configuring device persistence for ASM on Oracle Linux 6. The full text is available here.
- HOWTO on Oracle Restart March 20, 2012
I wrote a quick tutorial on using Oracle Restart for 11gR2 databases. The full text is available here.
- A failover database using Oracle Database 11g Standard Edition and File Watchers January 10, 2012
A wrote a HOWTO on building a failover database using Database Standard Edition at both ends and using file watchers to detect new archivelogs. The full text is available here.
- List of parameter changes in Oracle Database 11g December 6, 2011
I created a list of all instance parameter changes introduced in 11g. It includes all parameters introduced or announced deprecated/obsolete in 11.1,126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52 and 184.108.40.206. The full list is available here.
- Software RAID and LVM configurations November 25, 2011
- Oracle Database Upgrade to 11gR2 November 23, 2011
Oracle is delivering an one hour, free webcast on upgrading to 11gR2. The webcast is scheduled for November 30 at 9:00 AM CET. More details are available at oracle.com.
- Building defensive perimeter with Oracle Database Firewall November 19, 2011
- Oracle Day 2011 - Sofia November 8, 2011
I will be speaking in the Oracle Core Technology track at Oracle Day 2011 – Sofia (10th Nov 2011). More details on the event are available here [oracle.com].
- Tutorial on Logical Volume Manager November 6, 2011
I wrote an introduction/detailed tutorial on LVM with Oracle Linux. The full text is available here.
- Installing Enterprise Linux 6 in a virtual machine October 23, 2011
I just added a quick HOWTO on installing Oracle Enterprise Linux 6 in a VMware Workstation 8 virtual machine. The article is available here.